market-farming - Re: Drip tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Drip tape
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:07:27 -0700 (PDT)

I too have found T-tape to be a nightmare, rodents love to eat it and
pulling it up in the Fall is a disaster. I've used the recycled tire soaker
hose with a regulator for the last 2 years, it pulls up relatively easily
and doesn't seem any different for wear. More expensive initial outlay but
if it lasts.....With the winds and incredibly hot dry summers we've been
having, sprinklers would use 10 times the water for the same effect.

  • Re: Drip tape, sora, 09/19/2002