market-farming - Re: Early sweet corn varieties

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "wiediger" <wiediger AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Early sweet corn varieties
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 07:43:48 -0500

We really like Bodacious as our first early. It's not as early as some of
the really early corns, but over the years, we have found that those really
short days to maturity corns are just not good sweet corn - especially for
sale. The ears are too small, and the customers don't like it. So we plant
Bodacious which is 75 days. We sacrifice just a few days to maturity, but
have a real ear of corn - either for ourselves or for customers.

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com