market-farming - Re: Bolting cilantro

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MeLani M" <mmaysen AT alltel.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bolting cilantro
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:22:06 -0500

Ken,
Yes, it's still germinating, and taking about 6-8 days.
At this time of year I don't bother with seed trays. I have a
raised bed along one end, inside my greenhouse. I just make a small
trough (1/4" deep) and 12' long. Then spread the seed in it, cover
lightly, and water lightly. I also start Basil, Italian Parsley,
Dill, and Sage this way.
I also have 50% white shade cloth on the greenhouse and
solar-operated vents. (no electric out there)
I'm a few miles from Clever, if you've heard of it. What types of
herbs/veggies grow well for you?
MeLani