market-farming - RE: hoop house shading

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "somersfarm" <somersfarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: hoop house shading
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:09:39 -0400

Thanks for the info on the shade spray. I should have know that!!! Guess I
wasn't thinking. Actually the hoophouse is open completely on both ends
during this time of year. There is a beautiful breeze blowing through on
most days, and seems to me to be as much ventilation if not more than our
closed in greenhouse with fans and shutters. I do want to grow green in the
winter, at least through early winter and start up again in the spring. I
will check on the shade cloth prices also.

Kathy Somers
Somers Family Farm