market-farming - Re: How Many Cherry Tomato Plants?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How Many Cherry Tomato Plants?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:07:57 -0400

Sorry, Leigh, you've got to tell me everything!

You are weaving CHERRY TOMATOES? How long of stakes do you use for your cherries? For your slicers?

Do you use commercial tomato floss?

Thanks

-Allan

Cages? No. That's an expense I'm not going for. I drive in stakes and weave. This year I'm not having a specific pick your own, but I've put so many tomato plants in the ground, and I do tell my shareholders on good years they can come out and pick a bushel for canning. That hasn't been the case for several years, but hopefully this year.