market-farming - Re: Parsnips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lynn Byczynski <growing4market AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Parsnips
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:07:04 -0500

Jill,
Just be careful of the sap in the flower stalks. It causes severe dermatitis
in some people, and in livestock. Too bad, because the flowers look terrific
in bouquets!
--
Lynn Byczynski
Growing for Market

> I was just walking through a part of my garden that I didn't get to yet, and
> find that the parsnips have self-seeded from last year!!! I left a few in
> last year purposefully to go to seed, and it looks like it worked!!! I
> can't hardly believe it! Has anyone else ever done this? Any advice for
> me?

  • Parsnips, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 06/02/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Parsnips, Lynn Byczynski, 06/03/2002