market-farming - Re: Garden dogs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora <sora AT coldreams.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Garden dogs
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:47:15 -0700

I've got a female Springer Spaniel that runs circles around the garden
patroling for deer and compulsively digs for gophers,but never in the garden
beds.. They"re bred as hunting dogs, are very intelligent, incredible with
kids. They have the type of personality that adore their owners and will do
anything for a pat on the head and a "good dog", making them easily trained.
Females tend to guard the home while the males can decide to run with the
deer. I've had this current generation of Springer for 3 years now and she's
beautiful enough to be the mascot of our farmer's market yet is definitely a
working dog on the farm.

  • Re: Garden dogs, sora, 05/20/2002