market-farming - Re: dripline repair

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: dripline repair
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 05:13:25 -0500

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:08:22AM +0000, Ken Bezilla wrote:
> I'm looking for a better way of patching T-Tape. For small holes I use 3M
> Super 33+ electrical tape, but after 2-3 years it peels away from holes and
^^^^^^^^^
2-3 YEARS! My experience is that that is far beyond the life of the
tubing. You are familiar with repair couplings? They work pretty well
for me and have a life far beyond that of the tape. In the distant
past I have experimented with plugging small holes with things like
screws and sealed bits of capillary tubing, but found nothing
satisfactory. A few years ago, I went from 8 or 10 mil to 15 mil.
Most, perhaps all, insects are deterred by that thickness. Most all my
holes now are caused by rodents.

--
Willie
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html