market-farming - Cucumbers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "somersfarm" <somersfarm AT kingcon.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Cucumbers
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 17:12:42 -0400

Hey everyone,
I have cucumbers growing in the greenhouse (permanent location) Right off the bat I had a spider mite problem, which I have been treating, but now I  notice on a few plants down the row, there are these tanish leathery looking patches, maybe an inch or so wide and 2-3 inches long.  I don't see any spider mite damage on these particular leaves.  When you look at the bottom side of the leaf, it is definitely going to go through the whole thickness of the leaf and will possibly dry out and die.  I have looked at all the diseases and pest pictures I can get my hands on, and nothing looks really close to what I have going on.  Any suggestions as to what it would be and how to treat it.  The cucumbers are now just getting their 4th leaves.

Thanks a bunch for any help you can give me.

Kathy Somers
Somers Family Farm

  • Cucumbers, somersfarm, 04/17/2002