market-farming - Re: Market fee location

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sandy <ddovala AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Market fee location
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 14:08:12 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Mary. We are in an area that is quickly becoming residential and not agricultural. It is still country, no shopping centers at least, but alot of traffic going by the farm all day. People love to stop by the farm, some come on a special trip, some incorporate it into their shopping by coming before the grocery store. But, they come! We do all of our sales in front of the farm, no permanent buildings for the stand either. We have a large tent 40x20 ft., a seperate corn wagon with cover, a 30x20 ft. behind for sorting and it works out great. We started much smaller of course. Consider this as a serious option.

Sandy
www.afamilyfarm.com

  MMQuiteCon AT aol.com wrote:

If you are only 1 1/2 miles from a busy shopping location, why not have a
farm stand?
Shoppers love to go directly to the site. Your $50 a day cost could be
absorbed in additional insurance.
my 4 cents.
mary mary

---
You are currently subscribed to as: ddovala AT yahoo.com
leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

Do You Yahoo!?

  • Re: Market fee location, MMQuiteCon, 04/15/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Market fee location, Sandy, 04/15/2002