market-farming - Re: Profitability

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mmneedham AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Profitability
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:49:53 EDT

In a message dated 4/9/02 9:27:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tools AT amaonline.com writes:

Dairy farms have another valuable asset, Poop! Compost it. The Community gardens in Austin, TX Get $25.00 a yard for it.

And in New England, Great Brook Farm in Carlisle gets $30 a yard for bulk cow manure with free delivery for 5 yards or more.  They also sell it in bags for $3.50 a bag--composted and aged for more than a year.  They sell loam, too, although I'm not sure how they do that without digging a big hole on their property.  It says it's well-fertilized, so I guess they mix some manure in with it.  It sells for $19 a yard with free delivery for 7 yards or more.

Marj