market-farming - Re: a market farming course?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chris Sawyer <css AT ioa.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: a market farming course?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:26:21 -0500

If you connect with the ASAP web site (www.asapconnections.org), you can reach Gary Gumz. Asheville-Buncombe Technical College has been doing this for several years to assist tobacco growers in converting to other specialty crops and Gary has been one of the pioneers in getting this going. It is not a degree program even yet but has been a help to our farm and many others.

Chris Sawyer
www.jakesfarm.com

Nan Johnson wrote:

.......our project is located in the Deep South USA.    Rather than reinvent the wheel, I am wondering if there are some websites, groups, individuals, universities, etc. that have:  1) already done this type of thing;  2)  would actually be willing to SHARE the information;

  • a market farming course?, Nan Johnson, 03/20/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: a market farming course?, Chris Sawyer, 03/21/2002