market-farming - Re: Product Liability

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Product Liability
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:52:13 -0500

I have a product liability policy from my home insurance agent for our
processed food products (hot sauces, salsas, mustards, bbqs). These are
all acidified foods (for which we are certified by the USDA), and can't
grow the botulin toxin. Liability is one thing; also make sure you get
any certifications required by the govt. A good place to start is the
FDA's Center for Food Safety and Nutrition web site - www.cfsan.fda.gov.

--
Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160