market-farming - Re: Book Review: A Cafecito Story

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT snip.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Book Review: A Cafecito Story
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:06:51 -0500

Marj writes:

>Gad zooks! That's expensive! I buy Equal Exchange coffee, organically
>grown
>in the shade and also a Fair Trade coffee, for $7.99 a pound at my grocery
>store & for $6.99 a pound at Trader Joe's. Excellent coffee!

All they sent me was the book and the info. No one gave me any coffee to
find out if it's worth that price! ;-)

(Actually, I don't drink coffee at that often -- herbal tea is the stable
around here -- the book was sent to me as a mistake. But since it was a
nice book, I just went ahead and reviewed it!)

I like Trader Joe's -- we're starting to dump the local health food stores
and buy from TJ instead.

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of