market-farming - Re: Fingerling Potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Chris Sawyer <css AT ioa.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fingerling Potatoes
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 11:35:04 -0500

We got 1.50/lb at retail market. We grew russian banana and rose finn. Look
out for wireworm damage if you have them. They turned most of our crop into
seconds, but my field was turf the past season so to be expected. They were
prolific and faster than the Yukon's by a week or two. Check the Johnny's
catalog for time and yield, can't remember now.

Chris
Jake's Farm, Asheville NC

Jeanine4 AT aol.com wrote:

> I am interested in growing fingerling potatoes, I would like any input that
> anyone might have on this vegetable. How long till harvest after planting,
> yield, price per pound at your local farmers market.
>
> Thank you,
> Jeanine Fore
> Perkinston, MS
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to as: css AT ioa.com
> leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • Fingerling Potatoes, Jeanine4, 01/08/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Fingerling Potatoes, Chris Sawyer, 01/13/2002