market-farming - Re: Interesting Idea

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Interesting Idea
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:07:31 EST

In a message dated 1/4/02 7:26:39 AM Central Standard Time, kancell AT goodearthgardens.com writes:

Keeping the food dollar home is a boost to the local economy, he said. "The
local multiplier factor is that every dollar generated on the farm can
generate $3 to $4 before it leaves the community," he said.

At last someone is trying to do something to help our small towns try to survive through the governments plan to industrilize agriculture, your ideas need to be rewarded.  Not only is the family farmer going by the wayside but so are all the small towns and schools.  Our local schools are losing 30 to 40 students a year because all the old farmsteads are being burned down and buried so some one can have another acre of corn or beans, rather than having people move in these homes.  In our neighbor hood I saw a 10 year old house and really nice set of building gone in less than a day with a match and a dozer, what a terrible waste.

Phil from Iowa

  • Interesting Idea, Kevin Ancell, 01/04/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Interesting Idea, HackettShark, 01/04/2002