market-farming - Re: A New Name: The Food Trust

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: A New Name: The Food Trust
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 07:52:18 -0600

Duane,
I would love more information about The Food Trust - it sounds great! I
sent your info onto my father-in-law, who lives in Philadelphia. I have
been to this market a few times when I was visiting him. Good luck to you
in your Food Trust endeavors.

Jill

> Philadelphia fireworks at 12 midnight, December 31 will herald a new
decade
> for the Farmers' Market Trust, and launch a new name, "The Food Trust."
>
> This new identity will celebrate ten years of great achievements. First
> called Reading Terminal Farmers' Market Trust, and then Farmers' Market
> Trust, our new name - The Food Trust - best reflects the Trust's expanded
> mission, "to ensure that everyone has access to affordable, nutritious
> food."
>
> >From its founding, the Trust has responded to the problems of
malnutrition
> and the lack of affordable food in inner-city communities. Many in our
midst
> are suffering because they cannot find good food where they live.
> Malnutrition and diet-related disease have reached epidemic proportions in
> inner-city America.
>
> We envision communities where children grow up healthy, educated about
food
> and their environment. We envision communities that have high quality
food
> markets, nutrition education in schools, and flourishing farms. We
envision
> communities where everyone, regardless of income, has access to
affordable,
> nutritious food.
>
> I wish you a very happy and healthy New Year.
>
> Duane
>
> PS: Please let me know if you would like more information about our new
> name and programs.
>
> Duane Perry
> The Food Trust
> Future of Our Food and Farms Summit
> http://www.thefoodtrust.org
> 1201 Chestnut St 4th Floor
> Philadelphia, PA 19107
> 215-568-0830 Ext 11
> 215-568-0882 FAX

  • A New Name: The Food Trust, MariavHM, 12/27/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: A New Name: The Food Trust, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 12/27/2001