market-farming - Strawberry Lane Bakery

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Strawberry Lane Bakery
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 19:38:42 -0600

Regards to the list:

Strawberry Lane Bakery is a reality as of December 5. We opened the doors at 7:00 a.m. and I was so nervous I would have thrown up if I had eaten. I was so afraid nobody would show up. As it turned out, we sold out of everything we thought would last a week! Had pinto beans and ham with corn muffins for lunch the first day and sold a few bowls. Next day, sold all the leftover soup and most of the broccoli/cheese soup and today, sold out of chicken and noodles. Those roosters sure do taste good! I looked out into the dining room and every table was filled with people eating, chatting, laughing and it was so pleasant! Each day we take in more money.

I had heard that if you ask the angels for what you want and need out loud, they will help you. So I did that. The first morning my daughter and I were so swamped and a friend and her daughter-in-law came in the back door, grabbed aprons and helped us. Next morning my daughter was sick and I asked for help again and my daughter's friend came to the door just to say hello. She was out of work and I hired her on the spot and she's a wonderful worker.

I am selling those good old Strawberry Lane Farm fresh free-range chicken eggs and plan to sell our produce there next spring and summer.

Joan, how do you make your scones?????

I wil be trying the Canadian butter tarts next week.

Thanks to all of you who wrote and gave me encouragement and recipes!! You're the best!

Marie in Missouri

  • Strawberry Lane Bakery, Marie Kamphefner, 12/07/2001