market-farming - Re: Irradiated mail and seeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Miranda Smith <miranda3 AT optonline.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Irradiated mail and seeds
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:22:56 -0500

From: Rob Johnston Jr
> > I wonder what the seed companies (not just organic) are doing about
> > this. It should concern them greatly.

Several people on the Garden Writers list, among them Rose Marie Nichols of
Nichols Garden Nursery and Conrad Richter of Richter's seeds, have been
discussing this. The consensus seems to be that foil-lined packs will
prevent seeds from being damaged. However, it seems wise to check this with
postal authorities if and when the decision is made to irradiate all mail.

Miranda Smith