market-farming - Re: end of the season

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: end of the season
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 20:59:33 EST

In a message dated 10/28/01 6:38:07 PM Central Standard Time, maroc AT islandnet.com writes:

Firewood is in and dry,
it's about time to kick back, stoke the fire and catch up on some reading

Well lucky you I'm still cutting firewood and will probably have to cut all winter if it gets as cold as last year,  and then I could really use some of the blackberry wine.
I'm still getting some of the tilling and rye grass seeded everyday, and have to finish ahoophouse before the ground freezes up tight.  We have had so much wind the past week that it has been very hard to get a lot of things done.  My wife and I are weavers so we spend a lot of time in the winter in our studio at our looms making all kinds of good things to sell all winter and next summer at the markets.

Phil from Iowa

  • end of the season, Maroc, 10/28/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: end of the season, HackettShark, 10/28/2001