market-farming - Health insurance

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jennifer-Claire Klotz" <jcvk AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Health insurance
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 13:22:31

There are two direct marketing associations that offer health insurance.  They are local and I am assuming that you are outside their area of coverage, BUT they might be able to give you some insight as to what it takes to make something like that work.  The two are listed below.  (The NY State Direct Marketing Association also offers insurance and Diane Eggert is the contact for them too!)  The full directory is at: http://www.ams.usda.gov/directmarketing/associations.htm

Regards,

Claire

Colorado FarmersÂ’ Market Association
Contact
: Laura Korth
5507 Beverly Drive
Berthoud, CO 80513 Phone: (970) 532-0434
Fax: none
E-mail:
lkorth AT mstar2.net
http://www.coloradofarmers.org
Type of association: farmers markets
Association formation: nonprofit
Year founded: 1989
Geographic area: Colorado
Benefits: conferences, liability insurance, health insurance
legal advice, tax advice, licensed with 5-a-day

Farmers Market Federation of New York
Contact:
Diane Eggert
2100 Park Street
Syracuse, NY 13208
Phone: (315) 475-1101
Fax: (315) 475-1101
E-mail:
diane99 AT dreamscape.com
http://www.nyfarmersmarket.com
Type of association: farmers markets
Association formation: 501(c)(3) pending
Year founded: 1998
Geographic area: New York
Benefits: liability insurance, health insurance