market-farming - Re: admin post

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: admin post
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:09:37 -0500

I thought Jay's idea was a good one. If you get an error message during
transmission it allows you to stop the entire process of sending out endless
emails. I haven't 'contracted' the new virus so I don't actually know how
it works. The solution that Jay offered seemed to be simple and, I think,
elegant enough as a method for thwarting this type of virus. And they are
common enough. Anyone remember the kakworm? I got it. And it is the only
virus I have ever had on my machines. I run Norton Anti-Virus and a very
happy with their product...have been with Norton for years. When I got the
kakworm I neglected to allow my machine to do its normally scheduled Sunday
morning update. I now update twice a week. With the current political
situation I think we need to be a little more observant.

For what it is worth (and I know this has nothing to do with market
farming), our machines are valuable for our work and for our access to the
world of people of similar or related interests. I don't think of this as
an off-list topic. Even though I haven't been farming much this year, I
have followed the posts and I would hate to see you folks receiving bogus
emails to infect your machines because I have some of you in my Outlook
Express address book.

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del