market-farming - Re: Bad Year

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bad Year
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 15:35:01 -0500

Well, folks, did you wonder where I'd gone?

Talk about a bad year. All I managed to get in is now covered with 6' tall
weeds. I am in the middle of a divorce and I kind of lost it. As many of
you know, I do have another job and that has kept me solvent. I tried to
stay involved in the market but I dropped out for the main part of the
season. All I have left to offer is to help other vendors and sell my
cornwreaths in october. So, I guess, all might not be lost for Farmer in
the Del this year. I sure do miss the market and the work. Can you believe
it? Of course you can.

On the positive side, I'm going to get the farm in the divorce and Farmer in
the Del will rise again over the winter and spring. It gives me hope for
the new life I will lead. I hope to at least recover my stall fee and break
even for the year. It will be different doing this all alone next year.
But if Dori manages to do what she does, I think I can manage this little
farm.

Hello, again everyone. I've missed participating here.

Del Williams
Farmer in the Del
Clifton IL