market-farming - Re: ristras (was growing leeks)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ristras (was growing leeks)
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 19:48:02 +0000

Marie in Missouri wrote:

>Jay, first of all, it was a terribly wet and cold spring and the rain just
>kept on and kept on. ... <snip>

Double bummer!

But as you say, at least your knee is better.
Perhaps the weather will be better next year.
I'm sure your bakery will be a success.

And hopefully, our cumulative individual actions
and vigilance will prevent any future reoccurrence
of what happened in New York and D.C. on Tuesday.

It's the least we can do in memory of those who died, in
addition to extending our condolences.

All be well,

Jay Gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming