market-farming - Re: Purple Loosestrife was Pond Plants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mmneedham AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Purple Loosestrife was Pond Plants
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:47:28 EDT

In a message dated 08/30/2001 12:50:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
echoecho AT bedford.heartland.net writes:

Its against the law to plant purple loosestrife in many states.  I know it
is in Iowa.

I would argue that planting a noxious weed like loosestrife is very,. very
unsustainable.

And well it should be against the law!!  As I drive the New England roads
this time of year, I see it blooming everywhere!  It is absolutely gorgeous,
and it is a dreadful alien invasive that will take over acres of land and
crowd out all native plants in the process.

Marj

  • Re: Purple Loosestrife was Pond Plants, Mmneedham, 08/30/2001