market-farming - Plant Activators

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: Plant Activators
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:35:00 -0400

In my county there are more than one hundred eggplant growers with 1-5 acres
devoted to this crop which is usually quite profitable, potato beetle is a
major pest, I saw a nice demonstration plot where eggplants were treated with
a material called Messenger and another called Actigard, they stimulate the
plants natural ability to repel insects, treated rows were almost insect
free, untreated rows to the right and left were damaged.

Messenger and Actigard are not actually pesticides and I hope to make use of
them in the future, I cannot say they are approved for organic production but
anything that can safely control CPB is worth looking at...Bob.

Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/