market-farming - Blossom end rot and Tipburn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Blossom end rot and Tipburn
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 00:29:12 -0400

When planting fall lettuce and cole crops as we are doing now its helpful to
sidedress Gypsum, banding it at 500 lbs per acre as you would with
fertilizer, gypsum greatly reduces the problems of calcium deficiency, try
banding on alternate rows you will see a difference, the gypsum rows will
resist insect damage and reducing tipburn and head burn on broccoli and
cauliflower will lessen the chance of Rhizoctonia and bacterial head rot, I
also like to foliar feed calcium chloride at one quart per 100 gallons of
water every week, its too late to apply gypsum this year for tomatoes or
peppers but I have always got good results applying gypsum at transplanting
time...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/

  • Blossom end rot and Tipburn, sunnfarm, 08/08/2001