market-farming - Cinnamon Basil for tea?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT snip.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Cinnamon Basil for tea?
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 20:13:17 -0400

Hi, Folks!

I grew cinnamon basil last year and really liked it, but was totally stymied
as to what to do with it. Then, I saw on the Seeds of Change website that
cinnamon basil is the "finest of the tea basils." Personally, I had never
known that one drank basil as a tea, but since I had seed, I planted it and
have been drinking it.

I find it a refreshing tea on hot days -- almost as good as peppermint tea.
The rest of my neighbors seem to hate it, so I'm drinking it mostly alone.

Is cinnamon basil the next tea sensation for the discriminating palate or am
I just weird? ;-) Any other way I could be using it to make the neigbhors
happy -- it *does* grow well and smells *great*! :-D

Thanks!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of