market-farming - Re: fall sugar snap peas?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: fall sugar snap peas?
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 05:52:34 -0700

Hi Jim and Julie, Heirloom Seeds has a calendar for fall planting that might be useful www.heirloomseeds.com/fall.htm We are planning on putting a crop in soon, we wanted to try planting more lettuce and peas under a large shaded area by using 10 ft posts and 40' x 100' shade material, has anybody out there tried this? My Aunt has had successful fall planting in her orchard but the only orchard we have available is walnuts, our crop would get pelleted come early October ;'} Jacqueline