market-farming - Re: advertising your on-farm market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: advertising your on-farm market
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:34:19 -0700

From: "Tom Anslow" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
I would like to know what those of you with an 'on-farm
market' are doing for advertising/publicity?

We use lots of road signs, and when crops are plentiful we use the produce column in the newspaper. Word of mouth is great, we've made friends with the nearby convenience store owner and he sends people our way, deli's in town have heard of us and contact us, plus I have a hubby who promotes me at every chance he gets ;-) . The road signs work great because we are on a wine tour route and this is a huge tourist town. If I remember correctly Tom you are on a tourist road heading to an island, mabe you could use a road sign with - "Last stop for fuel". Jacqueline