market-farming - Re: Row Crop Flowers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Row Crop Flowers
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:24:59 -0500

Glad things are going good for you guys!

We STILL don't have anything planted except blackberries and rhubarb - well, and onions. It's cold and wet still.

We had an Amish greenhouse growing tomato and pepper plants for us and one of their guys sprayed them with weed killer. We were going to pick them up the day I had knee surgery, but I didn't feel like stopping that day. Three days later when I was off pain pills, I went to get them and they were just wilted. So, I called Parks and they're sending some plugs, but just have one variety of tomato and two of peppers. I got some pepper plants today at WalMart after I got my stitches out. Wish I could find some habaneros.

Our soybeans are to be delivered soon. Finally found some in Lincoln, Nebraska.

It's a good thing I make wedding cakes and hubby has a job so we can support our farm habit. We did find a bargain - got two refrigerators for $20.each to put eggs and vegetables in. We took them to the car wash to clean them up and they both work great.

The baby chicks are doing great.

Marie in Missouri