market-farming - making $200,000 on an acre

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "gutierrez-lagatta" <gutierrez-lagatta AT home.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: making $200,000 on an acre
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 06:22:00 -0500

Sharon, one of those farmers was Ana Edey. In her book Solviva, How
to Make $500,000 on an acre, or something along those lines. Her
figures were based on extrapolation, they didn't really happen and
were based on the days when mesclun mix was new and she coud get $16 a
pound for it. That plus lots of blue sky assumptions. There is a bit
of a fairy tale character to those numbers now.

Adriana

> Does anyone happen to remember the references or farmers' names
> for the couple of farmers that are making $200,000 per year from
> either an acre or half-acre lot? I remember that the produce is
> being grown biointensively, and think it's a mixed planting, but
can't remember
> any of the other details.

  • making $200,000 on an acre, gutierrez-lagatta, 05/25/2001