market-farming - Re: market-farming Apprentices Versus Hired Help

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming Apprentices Versus Hired Help
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:57:46 -0400

Del wrote >There are also the occasional Sunday markets.

I'm almost snorted at the words "Sunday markets". But then I realized we
may very well be open on Sundays due to the high volume tourist traffic we
have coming by the farm on Sundays. Anyone else out there open their
on-farm stands on Sundays?? The traffic here starts very early as we're
just 15 minutes from 2 state parks with hiking & bridle trails. Lots of
motorcycle groups too. Wracking my brain as to what to grow/sell that will
appeal to this particular market.

Liz Pike
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield NC