market-farming - market-farming Value-Added

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: market-farming Value-Added
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:59:22 -0400

Does anybody here know of a comprehensive list of "value-added" activities suitable for a small market farmer (or a local group of same)?

If there isn't one, I'd like to volunteer to assemble one and post it to the list and send it on to ATTRA. If anybody has input please send your ideas to me off-line. I'll assemble them for the next week and post the result next week.

Yes I've done a web search on "value added agriculture" and the results have been sparse and confusing. It's an awfully open-ended term. This might be a good thing <G> but it would sure be nice to have a good list of sample activities to help with the definition.

Dori Green
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
Corning, NY

http://www.ic.org/agrove