market-farming - social issues

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Victoria Mundy Bhavsar <toria AT pop.uky.edu>
  • To: SANET-MG AT LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU, market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, iffs AT nal.usda.gov
  • Subject: social issues
  • Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 16:24:23 -0400

Apologies for cross posting

Hi everyone,
I have a class lecture to give soon on the "social issues" connected with
organic/sustainable farming. Aside from the obvious (good food for
everyone, clean environment, enough money to live on for everyone) can you
suggest some specific interesting things to talk about? I've thought of
women's issues, credit problems, rural-to-urban migration, farmland
preservation...If you have a story to tell me that I can tell the students,
that would be great.

Reply to me off-list and then if people are interested I'll post a summary
later on.

Thanks,
Victoria
Victoria Mundy Bhavsar
Dept. of Agronomy, N106R Ag. Sci. North, UK
Lexington, KY 40546-0091 606/257-2103
...But other seed fell into good soil and brought
forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold,
some thirtyfold... St. Matthew 13:8

  • social issues, Victoria Mundy Bhavsar, 04/09/2001