market-farming - Re: market-farming digest: March 27, 2001

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: market-farming digest: March 27, 2001
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 01:23:46 -0500

Just received this notice from drafthorserescue AT yahoogroups.com --

150 confiscated Andalusian horses are going to be sold at auction in California on April 7th.

CarolAnn Piazza's rescue organization plans to have an agent at that sale, and to arrange transportation to her sanctuary in Lockport, NY. Northeast folks can adopt from there for the cost of their purchase, preliminary vet care, and transportation. E-mail CarolAnn directly at CPiazza912 AT aol.com.

Another rescuer in Georgia is recruiting stallion shareholders at $100 each, good for delivery of cooled or frozen semen after he's trained for collection. This is a $1000 value, so it not only helps to save the horse by helping with his purchase but it's a good investment. If interested, respond to Vetrodgers AT aol.com, not to me or this list.

Anybody who would like to own a mare on co-op shares good toward future foals should contact me. I'd love to add one or two of these beautiful animals to our horse co-op.

This is part of a national mobilization to keep these horses from going to slaughter. I shared the information here because so many market farmers also have an interest in horses and this is a special opportunity.

Dori Green
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
Corning, NY

http://www.ic.org/agrove