market-farming - re. American Vegetable Grower Magazine

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ron Thiessen" <thiessenfarms AT sprint.ca>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: re. American Vegetable Grower Magazine
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 22:12:31 -0600

Marie,
I subscribed to American Vegetable Grower Magazine (and American Fruit Grower Magazine too) for quite a few years. Finally dropped them the other year due to the high cost.( our Canada dollar is not worth much compared to yours ).
While the magazine contains many ads for chemical pesticides and fertilizers, it has
some good articles, grower profiles (big growers), an annual buyers guide for anything that has to do with vegetable farming, greenhouse growing supplements several times/year... Some issues had useful info, others I just glanced at and set aside. From what I've learned about you from your posts you probably wouldn't enjoy the many ads and articles pushing chemical pesticides and fertilizers.
Don't know if this helps much.
Ron

(from Southern Ontario)