market-farming - Re: Now the government is trying to charge our internet!!!!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "WB Carver" <wbcarver AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Now the government is trying to charge our internet!!!!
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:47:45 -0500

Hey Folks,

>Subject: Bill 602 P

Although the poster had the best intentions....

Yes, this is an OLD hoax.

Just in case you have any doubt as to the hoax factor of the e-mail tax.
Here are a couple of links to check it out.

Press release from the USPS:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 21, 1999
Release No. 99-045

http://www.usps.gov/news/email.htm

About.com's urban legends site:
(which is a great place to check out anything that sounds fishy)

http://urbanlegends.about.com/science/urbanlegends/library/blemtax2.htm?term
s=e-mail+tax

In general, it is good practice to check out alerts and such before posting
to a list.

Regards,

Bill Carver
Laughing Brook Farm