market-farming - Re: Roadside Stands do work

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Roadside Stands do work
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:00:28 -0800

Hi again, I forgot to mention that we hit temps of 40 -44 C which converted to F = about 110 - 115 F (not sure of the conversion as it has been a long time since I've used farenheit). These temps last for about 2 -3 weeks during the summer heat wave, and we've pulled through just fine without refridgeration and just watering the produce and blankets down. Unfortunately we have the seniors who don't pull through these heat spells too well! Jacqueline