market-farming - Photos of direct marketing?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jennifer-Claire Klotz" <jcvk AT hotmail.com>
  • To: direct-mkt AT reeusda.gov, COMFOOD-L AT SARDONYX.TUFTS.EDU, market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Photos of direct marketing?
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 21:13:13

Apologies for cross postings!

Do you have a picture of yourself or your customers at a farmers market?  Or maybe at a pick-your own operation?  Roadside market?

I am looking for good happy pictures to use on the USDA Farmer Direct Marketing Website  at http://www.ams.usda.gov/directmarketing/  (Yes, I know the one up on the site now isn't the best quality....which is in part why I am asking!)  I am looking for photos (to be rotated) to use on the opening page of the Website.  Visit the Website - this could be you on the site!

I have many photos of farmers markets in Washington, DC but I was hoping for a little geographic and ethnic diversity!

The conditions.....(and what I am looking for....)

1.  I need to have the picture electronically (email to claire.klotz AT usda.gov)
2.  The picture must be clear, well lit, and represent some aspect of farmer direct marketing.
3.  You must give written consent (in the text of the e-mail) for the photo to be used.
4.  Please indicate place of photo (business or market name and city/state).
5.  On the Website only the photo will be displayed.  No personal names will be used.  The name of the business will mostly likely be indicated and the city/state.  There will be no links provided to Websites of individual farms.
6.  If we want to use the picture for something beyond the Website we will ask!  :)
7.  Please feel free to email a few photos and even to email a link (where I can download photos!)

What do you get out of this?  Oh, the amusement of getting an email from me saying your photo is up on the site.  You can then email your friends and neighbors - "Hey look!  I am a poster child!"

Please send photos!!!!!  Email me if you have any questions!

Thanks
Claire Klotz
USDA-AMS-WAM
(202) 690-4077