market-farming - Re: Irrigation/Pumping Systems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Earthfarm1 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Irrigation/Pumping Systems
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:11:46 EST

Hi,

In a message dated 1/24/01 3:07:49 PM, WBennett AT caldwellspartin.com writes:

<< http://www.cat.org.uk/information/tipsheets/hydram.html >>

Walker, thanks for passing on this URL. I have been well aware of these
hydraulic rams, but have had difficulty trying to size, find suppliers at
reasonable cost.

I have a year round good sized creek along one boundary. Don't know exactly
how to measure the fall of the creek though so other factors can be
determined. My estimate is that there is probably a meter or more but that
sheer guess. Also there are deeper pools within creek at times.

Also creek levels are entirely dependent on rainfall, and amount received.
I'm told in periods of heavy rain fall over a short period that the creek can
rise to 10' high or more, and wash out huge trees! Would it be easy to
dismantle such pumps in such instances? Or what?

I've often heard Rife pumps mentioned. Anyone have one? Comments? Costs?

All the best. Frank