market-farming - Re: Making a living/non profit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Making a living/non profit
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:53:50 -0500

Here are a few web pages I think you will enjoy both farms are non-profit.
Both are in Massachusetts. We took a tour of the food project's Lincoln
gardens last summer, very nice spoke to a very nice intern. The land is
rented from the town of Lincoln. Lincoln and nearby Concord (yep the
minutemen) rent out some of their town owned land to farmers at reasonable
rates. It would probably be impossible for a farmer to rent land in these
affluent towns. The second and third web address are articles about this
farm, they do not have a web page: The Food Bank Farm 121 Bay Rd. Hadley,
Ma. 01035
http://www.thefoodproject.org/

http://www.secondharvest.org/foodbanks/spotlight_0500.html

http://www.pbs.org/capital/stories/food-bank.html