market-farming - Re: apple root stock

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: apple root stock
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:08:03 -0400

You might want to try Adams County Nursery
<AHREF="http://www.acnursery.com/index.htm";>
They are a large supplier to fruit farms in the northeast I think their
prices are quite
fair, One lesson I learned the hard way is not to plant too late in the
spring try to get
the trees in the field by mid April or sooner because after they dig the
trees and place
into cold storage the root start to die quickly, by May most roots are dead
and trees
seldom take....Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.