market-farming - Re: Small tractor vs. large rototiller

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Karen Cannon <kp_cannon AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Small tractor vs. large rototiller
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 07:44:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mike,

I bought a BCS with tiller and sickle bar mower 3
years ago and love it. Extremely reliable, easy to
run, and I'm no good with machines. I used to use
tractors when I rented land on a larger farm and found
that I spent more time finding the attachments,
putting everything together, and then fixing whatever
was always broken than I actually did using the
equipment (of course they were not my machines so that
probably made everything more difficult).

I till about an acre with the BCS and it goes pretty
quickly now that the grass/hay is gone. I was doing
about 10 50x3 foot beds in half a day this spring.

Good luck sorting it all out.

Karen

Planet Veg
Maryland, zone 7