market-farming - Re: weather and climate

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sue Oberle <soberle AT bwn.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: weather and climate
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:29:48 -0600

We've broken all kinds of heat records here in N. Colorado. 60+ days over 90;
many of
those over 95. And, while erraric weather is natural for this part of the
country, I'm
amazed that I can be so heat stressed I'm sick at last Saturday's market (97;
no warning)
to be followed by this upcoming Sat. where the high is projected at 45
(includes rain &
wet snow.........something we haven't seen in ages).

Also quite dry overall, we're way below our average moisture, but once again,
wide
fluctuations are normal for us in this realm, too. Pretty much, it amounts to
cross your
fingers, pray & hope for the best when we plant.

--
Sue Oberle
Oberle Botanical