market-farming - Homestead Labor Day Party! Come to Vermont.....

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: CSAfarmer AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Homestead Labor Day Party! Come to Vermont.....
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:22:42 EDT

Labor Day Party! <A
HREF="http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/laborday.html";>laborday</A>
http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/laborday.html

Make plans now to come to the third annual Peace and Carrot's Homestead Labor
Day Party!

September 1, 2, 3 & 4, 2000

The party will be a get-together celebrating homesteading and homesteaders.
Workshops include short versions of our usual offerings: rope making,
homestead boat building, ice cream making, chicken tractors, underground
house building, wood-fired bread oven baking, medicinal herbs, herb garden
planning and design, cooking from the pantry and root cellar, the homestead
orchard, worm composting, edible landscaping, homestead permaculture, solar
cooking, getting prepared for lean times, making compost, homestead water
systems, seed saving, cider making, stocking up, homeschooling and special
children's workshops.

Come camp in our fields and woods. Bring a tent, or make arrangements to use
ours. We will have a pig roast on Saturday, there will be tours of our
underground home and the organic gardens, daily potlucks and nightly
campfires. There are two creeks on the property for cooling off and playing
in. Curtis Pond is a mile away. Expect any sort of weather from hot and humid
to cold, dry or rainy. There is a double-seater outhouse in the field for
your use. If you would like to teach a workshop, let me know what and when.

We are looking for people who would like to sell food, homestead-related
products, herbs, seeds, etc. at the Labor Day party.

Wendy
Peace and Carrots Farm
Calais, Vermont
imfarms AT aol.com
<A HREF="http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/";>Peace and Carrots Farm</A

http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots/

Wendy S. Martin
Peace and Carrots Farm
Calais, Vermont
<A HREF="http://www.homestead.com/peaceandcarrots";>http://www.homestead.com/pe
aceandcarrots</A>

  • Homestead Labor Day Party! Come to Vermont....., CSAfarmer, 07/19/2000