market-farming - Re: GROWER'S QUESTION: re Sun Gold and Cherry Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: GROWER'S QUESTION: re Sun Gold and Cherry Tomatoes
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:56:03 -0500

Allan,
I have grown SunGold in the past, and I wouldn't recommend waiting to
pick, as the SunGold splits easily, especially in certain weather. SunGold
has an absolutely wonderful taste, and I have many customers at market that
ask specifically for them, but I switched to Sunsugar, because it was
advertised as splitting less. The Sunsugar has not yet ripened, so I can't
compare them for you, but I have great hopes.
I am also trying Santa for the first time this year. They have made
grape sized tomatoes that look like little plum tomatoes, but they haven't
ripened yet either.
Am also trying Tommy Toe, which is supposed to ripen in trusses. I will
let you know, which won't help you this year, but will perhaps next year!
Jill
From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>