market-farming - Re: Fwd: Cincinnati Grower & Chef Hotline

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana Gutierrez" <gutierrez-lagatta AT home.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Cincinnati Grower & Chef Hotline
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 18:5:55

> > I thought you (and the other growers in the area) may be interested to
> know
> > about the recent accomplishments of Cincinnati Chef's Collaborative.
> They
> > started a Greater Cinti Grower & Chef Hotline where growers list each
> week
> > what they can offer local chefs and where chefs can say what they need.

The Chefs Collaborative has a web site at http://www.chefnet.com/cc2000
It has message boards, unfortunately there is minimal activity on them.
For a group with 1,500 members around the country I find this surprising.
The site doesn't say where they have local chapters either, which would
make a difference to small producers trying to decide whether to ante up
the membership money or not. If anybody is a member, can you tell us if
you think it is worth it? I think they produce a periodic newsletter.