market-farming - Re: 'Why Organic Food is Better for you' article

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ava Devenport" <essenheal AT iname.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: 'Why Organic Food is Better for you' article
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:57:16

On 06/14/00, "ripley AT iglou.com (Dawn M. Ripley)" wrote:
> Thanks, Ava, for the article. Could you post attribution references? (Is
> this your work and where was it published? Or is this something the
> producer you mentioned wrote up just to be included with the deliveries?)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dawn

Dawn, this is actually a combination effort. The nuns at the Healing Arts
Center dug up some of the facts through various public documents regarding
chemicals, etc., Tony added information regarding organic production, etc.,
I added a few bits and pieces and put it all together in a 'working order'.
We didn't publish it anywhere, just handed it out with deliveries, tacked
it to public bulletin boards with ordering information (who to contact,
phone/fax #'s, etc.), kept copies of it in a 'free information' area of the
clinic along with other hand-outs that were pertinent to 'just about
anything'. I also have it on our "INSIGHTS" page on the web and it's free
to use by anyone who chooses. It's always been more important to us to
share the information freely than to be concerned with 'who gets credit for
what'. I hope this answers your question, but if not ask me again.

Blessings,
Ava