market-farming - Re: Looking for special wheats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alex McGregor <waldenfarm AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Looking for special wheats
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 18:00:40 -0400

Sharon,

Bountiful Gardens sells rare varieties of wheat. They have "Stone Age Wheat"
in their
regular catalog and sell other varieties through their rare seeds catalog.
Here's a link
to them:

http://www.bountifulgardens.org/

There is mention of a non-profit organization called KUSA Research Foundation
in their
print catalog. KUSA is working to "provide seed and information to the
farming/gardening
public concerning traditional, unusual and rare cultivars" of various grains.
Contact
information:

Send an SASE and $2.00 to:
KUSA
330 South Pueblo
Ojai, CA 93023

Alex McGregor
Walden Farm

Sharon Gordon wrote:

> Does anyone have a source for either of these wheats?
> Black Emmer
> An open pollinated hard white winter wheat
>
> I've tried internet searches with no luck though I did come across some
> other interesting wheats along the way. And local ag people
> didn't have a resource as people mostly use red here.

  • Looking for special wheats, Sharon Gordon, 06/08/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Looking for special wheats, Alex McGregor, 06/08/2000